• A special unplanned addition to the UK’s 2017 coin range, released months after the rest of the range sold out in a day
• The lowest ever edition limit for a UK Silver Proof Piedfort £5
• Limited to just 1,250 – the standard UK Silver Proof £5 sold out its full edition limit of 3,000 in hours
• Double the thickness of the standard coin and struck in Sterling Silver to a perfect Proof finish
Why I recommend The UK 2017 Prince Philip Silver Proof Piedfort £5 Coin…
Issued by The Royal Mint to mark Prince Philip’s 70 years of service to the Crown, this Silver Proof Piedfort £5 was a special addition to the UK’s 2017 releases. The rest of the range was released in the summer and sold out in a day, but this was issued in October and hardly anyone knew about it.
Significantly, it was given an edition limit of just 1,250. There had never been a UK Silver Proof Piedfort £5 with an edition limit lower than that.
This is your chance to add a near-secret UK coin to your collection.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2017 Prince Philip Silver Piedfort £5
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 720L D
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Weight: 56.56g
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Denomination: £5
- Limited Edition Presentation: 1,250
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Humphrey Paget
- Finish: Proof