***Unfortunately this product is no longer available. You can view all other sovereigns available here.***
• Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of the very first Sovereign
• The only Sovereign to feature distinct obverse AND reverse designs
• Struck to a pristine Proof finish in 22 Carat Gold
• Highly sought after on the secondary market, but nearly impossible to find
Why I recommend The 1989 UK 500th Anniversary Proof Sovereign…
This Sovereign is unique in that it has a one-year-only reverse AND obverse design.
It is a true modern classic, having become one of the scarcest and most difficult to obtain Proof Sovereigns.
Struck in 1989 to celebrate the 500th Anniversary of the very first Sovereign, it features Her Majesty seated as King Henry VII was on the original Sovereign in 1489.
The reverse design was the first for over 100 years, cementing this Sovereign as a must-have for collectors. That’s why they’re as hard to find as hen’s teeth.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 1989 Gold Proof Sovereign
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 X335 3
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Weight: 7.98g
- Metal: 22 Carat Gold
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II on throne
- Reverse: Royal Shield within Tudor Rose
- Edition Limit: 12,500