• The first ever East India Company Sovereign
• Struck to exact same specification as the UK Sovereign
• Limited to just 1,819 coins – less than a fifth of the UK edition limit
• Struck to mark the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth – at the time of the Empire over 25% of the world used coins carrying her portrait
Why I recommend the East India Company Gold Sovereign…
The East India Company, formed over 400 years ago, had the power granted to them to issue their own coins centuries ago, but they have never issued a Sovereign. Until now…
The reason is simple. 2019 is the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth. She was pivotal in the growth of the Empire and was awarded the honour of Empress of India in 1877.
The coin – struck to the exact same specification as the UK Proof Sovereign, but with a fifth of the edition limit – draws its inspiration from one of the most iconic Sovereigns ever struck, the Shield Back Sovereign, which was the first Queen Victoria Sovereign design.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
EIC 2019 Victoria Gold Proof Sovereign
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 W666 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: St Helena
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Weight: 7.98g
- Metal: 22 Carat Gold
- Finish: Proof
- Edition Limit: 1819
- Denomination: £1