• A special 100th anniversary Gold Proof Sovereign coin from Canada
• Struck from a 1/4oz of .9999 Pure Gold
• Issued to mark the centenary of the last Canadian Sovereign, which is a scarce coin, with 135, 957 issued
• This special 2019 release is limited to just 1,000 coins
Why I recommend the 2019 Canadian Centenary Gold Proof Sovereign coin…
The Sovereign was the first gold coin struck by the Royal Canadian Mint all the way back in 1908. The last Sovereign struck in Canada was dated 1919 and now, to mark 100 years since that coin’s release the Royal Canadian Mint has issued this special “Centenary Sovereign”.
It features the famous Pistrucci design of St George and the Dragon that still adorns Sovereigns to this day. But below the design, instead of just one year, you can see “1919-2019”.
This one-year-only coin is actually superior to the original Sovereign in terms of the gold content, with the new “Sovereign” being struck in 99.99% Pure Gold. Just 1,000 have been issued.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
Canada 2019 Centenary Gold Proof Sovereign
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 W025 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 20mm
- Coin Weight: 7.8g
- Obverse: Benedetto Pistrucci
- Reverse: Susanna Blunt
- Metal: 99.99% Gold
- Finish: Proof
- Edition limit: 1,000