• Scarce Silver Proof £5 collection issued to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day
• 3 ultra-collectable Guernsey £5 coins depicting key moments from D-Day
• Strictly limited to just 495 collections
• Over 80 times scarcer than the UK Silver Proof coin issued in 1994 for the 50th anniversary
• All struck from 28g of Sterling Silver to a flawless Proof finish
Why I recommend The 75th Anniversary of D-Day Silver Proof £5 Collection…
The official coins issued to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day have just been announced and this Silver Proof £5 collection is the connoisseur’s choice.
Three Silver £5 coins commemorate the Normandy Landings, with the assault on Utah and Omaha beaches depicted, US 82nd Airborne dropping into Sainte-Mere-Eglise and Operation Mallard with 250 gliders escorted by RAF fighters bring reinforcements for the 6th British Airborne division. These events were pivotal in the Allies’ push to victory during the Second World War.
What makes this so special though is the ultra-strict edition limit. Just 495 are to be issued. Rewind 25 years to the 50th anniversary of D-Day and The Royal Mint released 40,000 silver proof coins.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
The D-Day 75th Anniversary Silver Proof Set
(+ £4.99 p&p)
185 U630 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £4.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Guernsey
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Denomination: Five Pounds
- Metal: 925/1000 Silver
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 28.28g
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Reverse: Mike Guilfoyle
- Finish: Proof
- Edition Limit: 495