• Scarce Gold Proof £2 coin issued to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day
• The biggest collecting event of the year on an ultra-collectable Isle of Man £2 coin
• Limited to just 250 coins – a total sell-out is expected
• Struck from almost 16g of 22 Carat Gold to a flawless Proof finish
Why I recommend The 75th Anniversary of D-Day Gold Proof £2…
The official coins issued to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day have just been announced and I believe this is the coin collectors will flock to.
It’s a Gold Proof £2 coin from the Isle of Man commemorating the Normandy Landings, which were pivotal in the Allies’ push to victory during the Second World War. It features Winston Churchill and the quote “We shall never surrender” from his famous “We shall fight on the beaches” speech.
In 1994, The Royal Mint issued 2,000 gold proof coins for the 50th anniversary. With just 250 of these to be issued, I expect a total sell-out.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
The D-Day Leaders 'Churchill' Gold Proof Two Pound Coin
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 U412 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Isle of Man
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Metal: 916/1000 Gold with selective Rose Gold Plate
- Diameter: 28.4mm
- Weight: 15.98g
- Denomination: Two Pounds
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: David Young
- Edition Limit: 250