• An original Silver Sixpence from the reign of Elizabeth I
• Struck between 1558 and 1603 – your coin will feature the year of issue as this is one of the earliest British coins to carry a date
• Each coin was individually struck by hand and features a portrait of Elizabeth I (the last Tudor monarch) and the Tudor Rose
• Only 30 available – this is the first time it has been offered on CPM
Why I recommend the Elizabeth I Silver Sixpence…
Deemed the Golden Age, the Elizabethan Age was a period when the arts and literature flourished, trade and industry thrived, and many successful voyages and discoveries were made by men like Francis Drake and Walter Raleigh.
This original silver coin dates back well over 400 years and is the only silver sixpence to be issued during Elizabeth I’s reign, which lasted from 1558 to 1603.
It’s the first time I have been able to offer this remarkable piece of British history. Who knows, your coin could have been held by a British man of war fighting against the Spanish Armada…
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
Queen Elizabeth I Silver Sixpence - 1558-1603
(+ £4.99 p&p)
185 T416 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £4.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 1558 - 1603
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth I
- Reverse: Royal Shield