• Special release of the Silver Cartwheel Penny
• Issued by the iconic East India Company
• Strictly limited to 500 coins - a complete sell-out has just been confirmed
• A stunning Proof coin struck from .999 Silver in the same style as the original coin issued in the 18th century, which was Australia’s first coin and Britain’s first to be struck by steam power
Why I recommend The East India Company Silver Cartwheel Penny…
The Cartwheel Penny was first introduced in the 18th century, earning its name by being almost double the size and over seven times the weight of a regular Penny.
As well as being amongst the heaviest and largest British coins to ever enter circulation, The Cartwheel Penny was revolutionary by being the first British coin to be exported to Australian colonies, becoming Australia’s first official coin.
Now, as a tribute to this ground-breaking coin, just 500 Silver Proof 2019 coins have been authorised for release by The East India Company. We have managed to secure 150 for CPM clients that has confirmed a complete sell-out for the issue.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
EIC 2019 Cartwheel Penny 1oz Silver Proof Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 984C 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: St Helena
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 38.6mm
- Coin Weight: 1oz
- Obverse: Jody Clark effigy of HM Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse: Seated Britannia
- Metal: 99.9% Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Limited Edition: 500