• Official UK Silver Proof 50p marking the 50th anniversary of the 50p coin
• Just 3,500 official limited edition presentations were authorised and have already completely SOLD OUT at The Royal Mint
• 2019 saw two Silver Proof 50p sets sell out almost instantly for the 50th anniversary
• Features a special privy mark around the outside of the reverse – a minting first
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK 2019 50 Years of the 50p Silver Proof 50p Coin…
Featuring Christopher Ironside’s iconic Britannia design from the very first 50p, this is the coin to mark the 50th anniversary.
After the 50 years of the 50p Silver 50p sets sold out within hours of release, another sell-out was certain. Especially when you consider the edition limit was set at just 3,500 – 2,000 less than the Stephen Hawking 50p that sold out 2 hours after its launch.
There are a number of reasons on the reverse that make this so vital to collectors, beyond the rapid sell-out. First of all the inscription of 'NEW PENCE' appears for the first time in 40 years. Also the letters A to G appear on each point of the coin and are joined by crossing lines to celebrate what was the ground-breaking, 7-sided design. It’s a minting first for a 50p coin and one that helped to create an instant classic.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2019 50 Years of the 50p Silver Proof Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 950F 3
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 27.30mm
- Coin Weight: 8g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Christopher Ironside
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Limited Edition: 3,500