• A silver reinterpretation of The Royal Canadian Mint’s first gold coin – the 1908 British Sovereign
• Strictly limited to 5,000 coins – A coin for Canada’s Astronomical Society just sold out 5,500 coins, so this looks light
• Struck from Pure Silver and completely gold-plated
• Features the original St George & the Dragon design and the rarely seen King Edward VII Portrait
Why I recommend the 2018 Canada Silver Tribute to the 1908 Sovereign…
Issued by The Royal Canadian Mint to mark the 110th anniversary of the first gold coin they ever struck – the 1908 British Sovereign.
Completely gold-plated to resemble the original coin, it also carries the rarely-seen portrait of King Edward VII and ‘C’ mintmark on the reverse (above the year) just like the 1908 Sovereign.
Most importantly, it features the original St George & the Dragon design that still adorns the UK Sovereign today. Just 5,000 coins have been issued, so a quick sell-out seems certain.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
2018 RCM Silver Proof 1908 Tribute Sovereign
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 908C 9
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2018
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Metal: 99.99% Pure Silver, gold-plated
- Edition Limit: 5,000
- Weight: 31.39g
- Diameter: 38.00mm
- Finish: Proof
- Denomination: $20
- Obverse: King Edward VII effigy by George W. DeSaulles
- Reverse: Benedetto Pistrucci