• Official UK Silver Proof 50p featuring the Temnodontosaurus
• Limited to just 7,000 in official Limited Edition Presentation packaging
• That’s the same as last year’s Megalosaurus 50p that sold out at The Royal Mint on launch day
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish and featuring the Temnodontosaurus in full colour
Why I recommend the Temnodontosaurus Colour Silver Proof 2021 UK 50p Coin…
When dinosaurs featured on a UK coin for the very first time last year it caused a collecting storm. As well as the excitement in celebrating the UK’s role in dinosaur fossil discovery, the edition limits were so low that sell-outs were a certainty.
The first coin, featuring the Megalosaurus, SOLD OUT in an instant – all of the colour silver coins were allocated on launch day. Now, The Royal Mint has announced a brand new dinosaur colour silver proof 50p for 2021 and they have kept the edition limit exactly the same as last year’s sell-out – just 7,000 coins.
It features the Temnodontosaurus and celebrates the unsung hero of British fossil hunting, Mary Anning. I expect a quick and total sell-out to be announced imminently.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2021 Temnodontosaurus Colour Silver 50p
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 881A 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2021
- Coin Diameter: 27.3mm
- Coin Weight: 8g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Robert Nicholls
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Maximum Mintage: 7,410
- Limited Edition Presentation: 7,000