• Silver Proof £5 issued to mark the 80th anniversary of the outbreak of WWII
• Featuring rarely seen micro-engraving with all 276 words of King George VI’s famous speech
• Limited to just 1,939 pieces
• Struck from over 28g of Sterling Silver to a flawless Proof finish
Why I recommend The 80th Anniversary of the Outbreak of WWII Silver Proof £5 Coin…
On 3 September 1939, King George VI overcame his stammering nervousness to deliver a speech to a nation with the news everybody was dreading – Britain was at war again. But, through this speech and many other addresses during the conflict, he became an unlikely symbol of national resistance; his mundane domesticity a reminder of what Britain was fighting for.
Now, to mark 80 years since that fateful speech and the outbreak of WWII, a coin has been issued that simply has to be seen to be believed. Through rarely seen micro-engraving, the designer has been able to fit the entire King’s speech onto the coin – all 276 words. The text is so small that a magnifier is supplied with the coin. That design feat and the limited edition of just 1,939 make this a must-have.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
The King's Speech Silver Proof £5 Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 830K 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Country of Issue: Guernsey
- Metal: 925/1000 Silver
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 28.28g
- Denomination: Five Pounds
- Reverse: King George VI Speech
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Finish: Proof
- Limited Edition: 1,939