• New UK Silver £5 release celebrating 150 years of the British Red Cross
• Limited to just 1,150 coins in limited edition packaging – this double-thickness issue is the standout coin
• The first time the British Red Cross has appeared on UK coinage
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish with a stunning design that features the Red Cross emblem in scarlet on the reverse
Why I recommend the 2020 UK British Red Cros Silver Proof Piedfort £5…
The Royal Mint has just released the new official UK Silver Proof £5 in a tribute to one of the Queen’s favourite charities – the British Red Cross. Formed in 1870 to provide help to people in crisis, Her Majesty is patron of the society.
Now the British Red Cross is being featured on a UK coin for the VERY FIRST TIME and, with each coin carrying a donation, The Royal Mint hopes to raise £28,000 across the British Red Cross range. This stunning double-thickness (Piedfort) Silver Proof issue features the iconic Red Cross emblem in striking scarlet red on the reverse and has been limited to just 1,150 in limited edition packaging.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
3% of the net retail price from the sale of this commemorative coin will be paid to BritcrossLimited (registered company number 00932598 in England and Wales; registered office address 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL), a subsidiary of the British Red Cross Society (registered charity number 220949 in England and Wales and SCO37738 in Scotland), which makes an annual donation to the charity. The payments by The Royal Mint to BritcrossLimited will be at least £3,500, and expected to total £28,000 across our British Red Cross commemorative coin campaign.
UK 2020 British Red Cross Silver Piedfort £5
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 778R 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 56.56g
- Finish: Proof
- Denomination: Five Pounds
- Obverse Designer: Jody Clark
- Reverse Designer: Henry Gray
- Maximum Coin Mintage: 1,160
- Limited Edition Presentation: 1,150