• UK Silver £5 release celebrating 150 years of the British Red Cross
• Limited to just 4,000 coins in limited edition packaging – this could be a fast sell-out
• The first time the British Red Cross has appeared on UK coinage
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish with a stunning design that features the Red Cross emblem in scarlet on the reverse
Why I recommend the 2020 UK British Red Cross Silver Proof £5 Coin…
When The Royal Mint launched a Silver Proof £5 to celebrate 150 years of the British Red Cross it really got collectors talking. That’s because it featured something on the reverse that is so rarely seen on a UK coin.
The coin’s look is very patriotic, proudly placing Britain and the British Red Cross at the centre of the world – a nod to the great work the society does both at home and abroad.
The big talking point though is the famous Red Cross emblem in the middle of the coin’s reverse. It has been printed in deep scarlet red.
UK Silver Proof £5 coins very rarely feature colour printing and when they do, they tend to sell very quickly.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
3% of the net retail price from the sale of this commemorative coin will be paid to BritcrossLimited (registered company number 00932598 in England and Wales; registered office address 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL), a subsidiary of the British Red Cross Society (registered charity number 220949 in England and Wales and SCO37738 in Scotland), which makes an annual donation to the charity. The payments by The Royal Mint to BritcrossLimited will be at least £3,500, and expected to total £28,000 across our British Red Cross commemorative coin campaign.
UK 2020 British Red Cross Silver Proof £5 Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 748R 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 28.28g
- Finish: Proof
- Denomination: Five Pounds
- Obverse Designer: Jody Clark
- Reverse Designer: Henry Gray
- Maximum Coin Mintage: 4,210
- Limited Edition Presentation: 4,000