• Silver Proof £2 release marking the Armistice centenary
• Strictly limited to just 5,000 coins – 2,500 less than the last £2 issue
• Featuring a line from Wilfred Owen’s poem “Strange Meeting” about life on the Front Line
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a stunning Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK First World War Armistice £2 Silver Proof Coin...
This year marks the centenary of the First World War Armistice. To honour the occasion The Royal Mint has announced a brand new £2 coin. The edition limit has surprised me though.
It has been given an exceptionally strict edition limit of just 5,000 coins. That’s 2,500 less than the RAF £2 coins released earlier this year. In fact, I haven’t seen an edition limit this low on a UK Silver Proof £2 since last year for Jane Austen. With all due respect to Jane Austen, the two themes can’t possibly compare in terms of importance and appeal to collectors.
I think 5,000 coins will sell out very quickly, so please act now.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2018 WWI Armistice Silver Proof £2
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 705W A
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Weight: 12g
- Diameter: 28.4mm
- Metal: Inner - .925 Silver, Outer - .925 Silver with Fine Gold Plating
- Limited Edition Presentation: 5,000
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Poem by Wilfred Owen
- Denomination: £2
- Finish: Proof
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of issue: 2018