• Silver Proof £2 release marking the Armistice centenary
• Strictly limited to just 2,500 coins – 500 less than the last £2 issue
• Featuring a line from Wilfred Owen’s poem “Strange Meeting” about life on the Front Line
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a stunning Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK First World War Armistice £2 Silver Piedfort Coin…
This year marks the centenary of the First World War Armistice. To honour the occasion The Royal Mint has announced a brand new £2 coin. The edition limit has surprised me though.
It has been given an exceptionally strict edition limit of just 2,500 coins. That’s 500 less than the RAF £2 coins released earlier this year. In fact, I haven’t seen an edition limit this low on a UK Silver Piedfort £2 since last year for Jane Austen. With all due respect to Jane Austen, the two themes can’t possibly compare in terms of importance and appeal to collectors.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2018 WWI Centenary Silver Piedfort £2
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 658G 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Weight: 24g
- Diameter: 28.4mm
- Metal: Inner - .925 Silver, Outer - .925 Silver with Fine Gold Plating
- Limited Edition Presentation: 2,500
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Poem by Wilfred Owen
- Denomination: £2
- Finish: Proof
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of issue: 2018