• A set of 6 real trial pieces from The Royal Canadian Mint’s R&D Lab
• Showcasing up-and-coming minting innovations to beat the counterfeiters, including hidden text, raised and incuse design elements and tri-metal technology
• Limited to just 10,000 sets and completely SOLD OUT
• Struck in steel, with brass, nickel and copper plating on some tokens
Why I recommend the 2018 Canada Research & Development Test Set…
The Royal Canadian Mint has pulled back the curtain to show how they are striving for innovative new minting techniques to beat the counterfeiters, with this first-of-its-kind set of trial pieces from their R&D Lab.
This six-token set showcases up-and-coming minting innovations, with all six tokens being test specimens that come direct from the Royal Canadian Mint's R&D facility, where each one was used in laboratory testing.
Hidden micro text, raised elements or patented tri-metal technology, each token is a first-hand look at some of the special features that we could see on coins in the future as Mints and Governments try to combat the counterfeiters.
It’s a fascinating set for anyone with even a slight interest in coins, which is why all 10,000 sets sold out and the majority of these will have stayed in Canada. This is your one chance.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
2018 Canada R&D Security Test Token Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 490K 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2018
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Metal: Moose, Caribou, Pie-chart (steel); Leaf 1 (nickel plated steel); Leaf
- 2 (brass plated steel), Tri-Metal (steel, brass plated steel, nickel plated
- steel, copper plated steel - composition patented)
- Weight: Moose, Caribou, Pie-chart, Leaf 1 & 2 (4.4g); Tri-Metal (7.62g)
- Diameter: Moose, Caribou, Pie-chart, Leaf 1 & 2 (23.88mm); Tri-Metal (24.65mm
- Condition: new
- Mintage: 10,000
- Packaging: sealed in Mylar with graphic envelope. Tent card with coin
- specifications, special note from Chief Technology Officer at the Royal
- Canadian Mint