• 50th anniversary of the 50p issue
• Limited to just 1,969 pairs
• Following on from the UK 50p set issues, which both sold out their edition limits of 1,969 inside a few hours
• A joint issue from Jersey and Guernsey, featuring their original 1969 50p designs
• Beautifully struck from Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
Why I recommend the Jersey & Guernsey 50th Anniversary of the 50p Silver Pair…
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the 50p. The Royal Mint issued a 50th anniversary set of Silver 50p coins at the start of the year and sold out 1,969 sets inside a few hours. A few months later, they issued an exclusive set of 5 iconic military Silver Proof 50p coins reissued in 2019 for the 50th anniversary. Again 1,969 sets sold out inside 3 hours.
Now, Jersey and Guernsey have united to release a brand new pair of Silver Proof 50p coins, using the original 1969 designs as they appeared on the very first 50p coins of each island.
The most significant thing about this new 50p issue is the edition limit. Set at just 1,969, a quick sell-out looks assured.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
Jersey and Guernsey 50p Silver Pair
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 189F Z
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Country of Issue: Guernsey and Jersey
- Metal: 925/1000 Silver (Sterling Silver)
- Diameter: 27.3mm
- Weight: 8g
- Denomination: Fifty Pence
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Reverse: 1969 50p Design
- Limited Edition: 1,969
- Finish: Proof