• Official UK Silver Proof double thickness 50p honouring Rosalind Franklin in the 100th year since her birth
• The second Silver 50p launched in the “Innovation in Science” series following Stephen Hawking last year
• The Hawking Piedfort 50p sold out 2,500 coins within hours of launch
• This new coin is limited to just 1,500 in limited edition packaging
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK 2020 Rosalind Franklin Silver Proof Piedfort 50p Coin…
This brand new double-thickness UK 50p has been issued to mark the life and remarkable achievements of Rosalind Franklin. One of Britain’s greatest scientists, best known for her work to help us better understand DNA.
It’s an exceptional looking coin and a fitting tribute, with her link to DNA really well executed, but the main reason for my excitement revolves around what happened over a year ago. You see this is the second UK coin in the “Innovation in Science” series. The first, a Stephen Hawking Silver Proof Piedfort 50p sold out 2,500 coins within a couple of hours of launch last year.
This new Rosalind Franklin Piedfort 50p has been limited to just 1,500 in limited edition packaging. At 1,000 less than Hawking, an fast sell-out seems inevitable.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2020 Rosalind Franklin Silver Piedfort 50p
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 136R 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Diameter: 27.30mm
- Weight: 16.00g
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse Designer: Jody Clark
- Reverse Designer: David Knapton
- Maximum Coin Mintage: 1,500
- Limited Edition Presentation: 1,500