• Official UK Silver Proof 50p marking the 60th anniversary of Paddington Bear
• Limited to 60,000
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
• Follows on from the collecting sensation of Peter Rabbit 50p coins, which saw record sell-outs and tens of thousands of collectors miss out
Why I recommend the UK 2018 Paddington Bear Silver Proof 50p Coin...
2 years ago, The Royal Mint released their first ever coloured 50p to mark Beatrix Potter’s 150th birthday. 15,000 Silver Proof Peter Rabbit 50p coins sold out in days and each subsequent Peter Rabbit Silver 50p has sold out, despite the edition limit rising to 35,000. Demand was so intense last year that The Royal Mint had 50,000 collectors queuing on their website at one point and coins that were originally priced at £60 now sell for over £500 on eBay.
Now, to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Paddington Bear, The Royal Mint has issued a brand new Silver 50p. It’s the first time this “very British bear” has appeared on official UK coinage.
Given the popularity of Paddington Bear and what happened with Peter Rabbit, I predict this will be the next collecting sensation.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2018 Paddington at the Station Silver Proof
(+ £0.00 p&p)
185 123T 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £0.00 p&p)
- Weight: 8g
- Diameter: 27.3mm
- Metal: .925 Silver with Colour Printing
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: David Knapton
- Denomination: 50p
- Year of Issue: 2018
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Limited Edition Presentation: 60,000